To advance the long-term prosperity, charm and uniqueness of the Downtown Los Altos commercial core through thoughtful collaboration with any and all stakeholders.
- Partnering with the Community, City, LAVA, Chamber, Los Altos Community Foundation, LAF, Kiwanis, Rotary, GreenTown, Residents, and all other Stakeholders to improve Downtown for All
- Improving Parking and Infrastructure for Customers and Employees
- Supporting Downtown Events and Marketing
- Beautifying Storefronts and Sidewalks
- Improving Accessibility for Bikes and Pedestrians
- Supporting Public Art
- Curating a Positive and Supportive Tenant Mix
- Acting as Advocates for Tenants
- Promoting zoning and design guidelines in the downtown triangle and civic center master plan areas that promote unified development
Eligible for LAPOD membership are any non-residential property owners within the downtown Los Altos triangle, defined as the area between Foothill Expressway, W. Edith Avenue and South San Antonio Road between Foothill Expressway and W. Edith Avenue, and including the businesses on the east side of South San Antonio. See map for details.
Officers and Directors
- President - Kim Cranston
- Secretary - Bart Nelson
- Treasurer - Kent Nelson
- Additional Directors - Mel Kahn, Liz Nyberg
LAPOD is a 501(c)4 organization.